JetBlue Airways announced a major expansion in Boston’s Logan Airport. The full schedule of expansion has yet to be announced, but the following highlights are available and will be available for purchase on November 4th.
- Two Additional Flights to Chicago-O’Hare(Total 3)
- Two Additional Flights to Raleigh-Durham(Total 3)
- One Additional Flight to BWI(Total 5)
- One Additional Flight to Charlotte(Total 3)
- One Additional Flight to Denver(Total 2)
- One Additional Flight to Ft. Lauderdale(Total 4)
- One Additional Flight to San Diego(Total 2)
- One Additional Flight to San Francisco(Total 2)
- One Additional Flight to Washington-Dulles(Total 7)
- Service to Santo Domingo will be increased from three flights weekly to daily.
- One Weekly Flight to Montego Bay, Jamaica
This is as US Airways announced it was downsizing Boston, not only reducing flights, but plane size. Even on its popular shuttle route, it will switch to smaller aircraft.
Meanwhile, JetBlue appears to be getting the slots at Chicago-O’Hare by canceling other service. Their timetable indicates that Long Beach service will be reduced to Saturday only effective on 10/31, as well one of the JFK flights. Is JetBlue buckling down because of Southwest’s rapid expansion since it started service this summer in Boston?
What else will JetBlue do?